DMC was retained as the General Contractor by Detroit Housing Commission for providing the Accessibility Standards Renovations (Section 504) at the DHC Administrative Headquarter and Forest Park (high-rise) apartment building.
||HUD 504- ADA COMPLIANT RENOVATIONS
||HUD 504- ADA Compliant Renovations
||Detroit Housing Commission
||Rama Rao & Alfred, Inc.
- Demolition and installing new ADA compliant staff parking lot, entrance ramps (front & side), public side-walk, and approach at the DHC Administrative Building.
- Demolition of the exiting restrooms and water fountain and building new ADA compliant bathrooms and drinking water-fountain at the DHC Administrative Building.
- Demolition of existing door at the Forest Park Administrative Office, saw-cutting and widening the opening and installation of new ADA compliant door.
- Trash Chute modifications and installation of new doors on seven floors at Forest Park Apartment Building.
- Installation of new kitchen ranges in 7 apartment units at Forest Park to meet the 504 accessibility compliance.
- Modifications in the laundry room (two floors) to meet ADA requirements at Forest Park apartment Building.
- Installing pipe insulation at public restrooms in Forest Park.
- Installation of the Audio Visual Room Alerting System in the sensory impaired units at the Forest Park Apartment Building.
DMC finished the project on Schedule and Budget.